Military and Overseas Voting
Federal Postcard Application (FPCA)
You can register to vote and request an official absentee ballot by using the Federal Postcard Application (FPCA). The application is available at www.vote.pa.gov or at www.fvap.gov.
Return the completed and signed FPCA by email (as an attachment) to email@example.com or mail the form to:
Monroe County Board of Elections
One Quaker Plaza, Room 105
Stroudsburg, PA 18360
The deadline to register to vote is TWO (2) WEEKS before Election Day and a ballot request must be received at least ONE (1) DAY BEFORE Election Day. For more information, see the Federal Voting Assistance Program Guide for Pennsylvania.
You may request your absentee ballot by email or mail. After voting your absentee ballot, submit it for delivery no later than 11:59 on the day BEFORE Election Day. The Bureau of Elections must receive voted military and overseas absentee ballots no later than 5:00 pm ONE (1) WEEK after Election Day.
Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB)
If you do not receive your absentee ballot in time to return it to participate in the election, you can use the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB). This is an official backup ballot that excludes the names of any candidates. It can only be used if you have already submitted an FPCA request, and a FWAB will only be counted if we do not receive your absentee ballot by the deadline.
- To vote, refer to page 3 of the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB).
- To vote for President/Vice President, U.S. Senator, and/or U.S Representative, complete the "Federal offices" section and write in the name of the candidate of your choice in the space provided to the right of the office.
- To vote for state and local offices, complete the "Non-federal offices" section. For candidate races, write in the name of the office and then either the candidate's name or party on the appropriate line.
- To vote on a ballot question or a judicial retention, complete the "Ballot initiatives or other items" section. For ballot questions, write the short title of the ballot question and then write "Yes" (in favor) or "No" (not in favor) on the line after the short title. For judicial retention, write the name of the judge and then write "Yes" (to retain) or "No" (not to retain) on the line after the judge's name.
Military and Overseas Voter Forms
- 2022 General Election UMOVA Notice
- List of Candidates for 2022 General Election - November 8, 2022
- Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB)